Home » Audio » Movies & Music » 1920s music?
Re: 1920s music? [message #86534 is a reply to message #86529] Mon, 13 November 2017 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I was never into Charlie Chapman like so many others, but I still found many great films. You'll start to notice that new movies put out by the big studios today are just remakes of old films that were popular. It's incredible that the old films got their point across without tons of gore, violence, and nudity. The misogyny was worse though. I have a hard time linking on here, so I'm just naming the films. You can find each one on Amazon, Google Play, and maybe even YouTube.

Metropolis is my favorite. It's an amazing futuristic film that pits the poor working class against the wealthier city planners. It was revolutionary before Hunger Games and Snowpiercer.

The Jazz Singer is filled with father/son angst. It's worth a look. The show is dramatic, but not horror or anything wicked.

Wings is a war movie with a love triangle. It's worth a see. It's another storyline that you'll see in later movies.

Ben-Hur of course is well known, I liked it too.

That should get you started at least. Let me know what you think if you find the time to view one of these or any other 1920's movie.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Free Christmas album Brian Setzer Orchestra
Next Topic: Top 100 countdown
Goto Forum: