Home » Audio » Speaker » Eminence Delta Pro 8-A in a JBL AM6200-64 horn project (horn project)
Eminence Delta Pro 8-A in a JBL AM6200-64 horn project [message #85421] Thu, 15 June 2017 10:45 Go to previous message
brad944911 is currently offline  brad944911
Esquire
ALL,

First time posting here and first time working with horn speakers, but not speakers, so I can be dangerous Shocked

I need some help and advice...I came across a set of horns(no cabinets/speakers) from an old JBL 2 way pro speaker, the AM6200-64's, and want to build a nice set of 2 way horns myself without breaking the bank buying the JBL drivers. To that end, I did tons of research and purchased the Eminence Delta Pro 8-A's based on what I read about good horn candidates; meeting the Bl, EBP, freq resp and power handling. I downloaded Hornresp, but I cannot really figure it out (especially with the prefab'd horns) and need a hand.

I have a free weekend this Friday-Sunday and won't have another for a while so instead of monkeying around with doing all the wrong things in Hornresp, I would appreciate a hand with figuring out the front cavity volume, rear cavity volume and what range the program says I can expect so I can get this at least mocked up. At least by reviewing how experienced usres use the software, I can learn hopefully.

If anyone well versed in horns and Hornresp would like to help me out, I can offer ya a few good craft beers if ever in the Tampa area Cool

Here are the parameters:
- The horns = a 4" mouth, are 11.5" deep and roughly a 17"x13"(60x40 pattern) mouth
- Speakers = Eminence Delta Pro 8-A. I attached the spec sheet but here's what Hornresp needs:
Sd = 218.2cm2
Cms = .28mm
Re = 5.4
Bl = 14.1
Le = .82
Parameters I don't know: Mmd, Rms and Nd.

Once again, thanks for the help guys! It's more than appreciated!

Brad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How much are you willing to pay.
Next Topic: How much are speakers shrinking?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:42:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio