Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built
Re: Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built [message #83350 is a reply to message #83349] Sat, 13 August 2016 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nik72 is currently offline  nik72
Chancellor
Thanks Steve for the reply .I am referring on this post by Fred T
http://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=50492&#msg_50492 probably they are the same plans as Walton audios www.iol.ie/~waltonaudio/pione.html Fred T and Pi speakers mentioned as well so I believe there is a connection.
If I decide I will follow the dimensions mentioned because I don't have enough knowledge to create a speaker by my self .Also I am determined except minor experimentation with crossover parts just for fun to built something solid ,tested etc to replace my current speakers.That's why I am skeptical to deviate from Wayne's speaker designs.Your description about sound properties of 8" Alphas put me in consideration though ,because my current speakers have that character which I would like to have in next speaker .As I mention at my first post I am happy with my current system but when the setup was bought I was lived in a small room and It sounded awesome .After some years I was married ,now I am a father of two and at the new home setup although the system sounds good it can't physically push more air.My daughter threw a party in winter and I borrowed a ss amp although the speakers played louder than my small amp the feeling of not sound filling the place it was evident.So what I need is the "feel" and I dont care much about lower bass I guess I am used to feel happy so many years with my small speaker (I bet they are tuned somewhere 60-70Hz ) so with an octave or two lower if something play same or better as my current speakers and fill the room I will be the happiest man on the world.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message