Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built
Re: Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built [message #83348 is a reply to message #82996] Sat, 13 August 2016 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nik72 is currently offline  nik72
Chancellor
Hi again ,having a little spare time I continued to read almost all the previus pages on the forum . I bumbed on an interesting unofficial built ,the One Pi Tower .
My wife is a little considered about building Pi two towers so I decided to build first the plain 2 pi's without finishing as test cabinets placed close to rear wall with a pair of 50 centimeter steel bases which I have from old project .
If later on I'll miss the bass (I bet they will sound fuller than my current speakers (5inch woofers))maybe I'll try convince my wife to get permision or divorce for 2pi tower built.
As I mentioned above I bump to One pi tower speaker and as Wayne states on a question they are standing between 2pi and 2Pi tower.
So considering that both 2pi and 1pi tower have the same WAF in my case I can built both (the cost and labour doesnt make too much differnce).
To be honest I am leaning 99% on Pi2 because is well documented and there is huge suport from Wayne but I have to investigate it for that 1% .
I have the belief without having enough techical knowledge that pi 2 will not stretch to much the Alpha 10 as the 2 pi tower to get extra bass and the same happens with One pi and one pi tower. If stretching is not the issue, what are the sonic differences between 8" and 10" alphas to cosnsider for using one or the other ?
From what I have read regarding light paper cones, the 8" because of the lower cone weight must be sound more controled precise and fast than it's bigger brother? Or that depends on the application and the design.

These are my thoughts so far sorry if my English are not good .

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message