Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Taking the 7Pi to the next level (Modifications of the 7Pi Loudspeaker)
Re: Taking the 7Pi to the next level [message #82961 is a reply to message #82958] Thu, 30 June 2016 16:49 Go to previous message
Nelson Bass
Baron
I'm considering trying a dedicated class D amp on the 2226s so I'm delighted that you had success with your experiment. Smile

That said, I'm for now quite happy with the bass performance using my Atma-sphere DIY M60 OTL amps. More dynamic bass performance than from my cheap Sony Class D Surround amp but I definetely expect better performance from more modern class D amps...

I've another idea that might bring our beloved 7Pis to the next level...
A x-over filter based on the idea of a balanced design like this: http://euphoriaspeakers.com

Or maybe even an amp per driver and using a DSP based x-over... (that crazy idea breaks my analogue based heart for sure - I've switched hifi religion before so why not just trying it?

Oh... I expect that we also can improve the in room bass response by placing another pair of bass bins ABOVE our 7Pis in the upper corners of our front wall!
That we will also raise the overall sensitivity of our the system.

But that is really beyond my intention for this thread: modifying the original design so every 7PI owners can gain even better performance from their 7Pis. Smile

Wayne might also have some ideas for possible improvements?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2 Pi Tower Plans
Next Topic: Pi-eyed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 05:12:58 CDT 2024