Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Taking the 7Pi to the next level (Modifications of the 7Pi Loudspeaker)
Re: Taking the 7Pi to the next level [message #82897 is a reply to message #82895] Sat, 25 June 2016 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Hey Nelson.

I have not yet upgraded from the 4pi's to the 7's.
So I can not comment on any possible upgrades.

I'm throwing in some flaking subs (3pi's) on my 4pi's for now. I will use them as distant subs once I upgrade to the 7pi's.

With the midrange spider, why not try it?
If you don't like it, you can just replace the spider correct? I'm not sure if that Eminence 10" is rebuildable, usually pro drivers are.

I believe a horn flare or wave guide mounted to the front of a driver actually reduces excursion, which in turn reduces distortion.
I've always thought a spider was a way of reducing/controlling excursion as well (not just locating the voice coil, but I could be off here), so from this point of view, I would fear you might get more distortion instead of less.

The comp. driver screen may be even easier to remove/replace.
In fact, I have heard of some of the B&C comp. drivers not having those debris screens to begin with.

Glad to see your still grooving on your 7pi's . Very Happy
You upgraded from 4pi's correct?

Can you comment on any improvements that immediately come to mind from the upgrade?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2 Pi Tower Plans
Next Topic: Pi-eyed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 20:12:37 CDT 2024