Home » Audio » Source » Do you prefer CDs or vinyl?
Re: Do you prefer CDs or vinyl? [message #83709 is a reply to message #83678] Fri, 07 October 2016 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi
"I read that vinyl's most glaring weakness compared to the CDs or the digital formats is the bass. Vinyls can't capture the low-end bass sounds as good as their competitors."

Humm....I get an easy 20HZ with my system. To be truthful there really is very little in any media except for DVDs of movies below 50HZ. I have all of those capabilities plus reel to reel tape. The response (bass or other) is dictated by: the musician, the recorder, the mix and finally the quality of the disk or other thing that is at the end of the chain. I have as many CDs with so-so bass as LPs. If you go out and get a Crosley record player and say the bass in poor...sure. Same holds true for nearly anything in that price range. This is unfortunately the great divide. A reasonable turntable and the stuff that goes with it is certainly more costly than an iPod (or other similar device). Vinyl reproduction is more costly, but good gear (of either type) will not have deficient response as you have been led to believe.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Virtual "Sound"?