Home » Audio » General » Need Help Phonograph Problem (expert advice from the gurus)
Need Help Phonograph Problem [message #81745] Thu, 17 December 2015 18:06 Go to previous message
sporty1000 is currently offline  sporty1000
Esquire
Hi all, I have been out of the audio world for 30 years or so. Last I remember, Polk was a pretty new company and we were all buying Magneplanar speakers and VMPS subs. Well I got one of the low-end retro looking radio/phonograph/cassette combos that looks like a 1940s radio. Well I shipped it to a buyer and all arrived well until she played it. It plays LPs fine if you start at track 2 or 3. Lowering the needle on track 1, it stops turning and shuts off. Raise and lower on 2 or 3 and all well. 45s will be tried next but is there some easy fix that could have come loose in shipping. Sounds like some type of switch that gets tripped when it lowers on track 1. I have an mp4 of the event. Please, any help? Anyone know enough about turntables who may have an answer? I am no longer where the phono is so have to relay the info as I can open them up and figure things out usually. Is something there that could get knocked loose? THANKS a million

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Free music downloads
Next Topic: My Ears!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:27:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects