Home » Audio » Speaker » My Speaker Project - Looking for Advice (2-Way Horns)
My Speaker Project - Looking for Advice [message #81680] Tue, 24 November 2015 11:29 Go to previous message
Obankenobi is currently offline  Obankenobi
Esquire
My first post and I'm looking for advice! What a way to kick off.

I've been mulling over custom speaker designs for years, big fan of Troels Graveson's work but could never settle on the pair I wanted to build. Buying components is the easy part - dedicating 2/3's of my garage to cabinet building is the deal breaker. But I've taken a head first dive now, and have a cabinet maker online to make 90% of the cabinets better than I ever could, and I will simply work on the baffles to fit the drivers.

I have Altec 811B horns and Radian 475PB compression drivers. I'm trying to decide on the woofer, probably JBL 2226 or 2235. Will cross over around 850-960 Hz, 4th order, probably starting with an active crossover for ease of experimenting, and building passives later if I feel like it. Speaker cabinet volume should be around 6-7CF, attached drawing is a starting point for dimensions based on 1. space available and 2. WAF.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1851&private=0

Love to hear any advice, I promise to soak it all in, but please don't be offended if I can't follow everyone's suggestions. I'll post pics as I progress, but as this is hobby time after work it may take a while!

Thanks in advance
  • Attachment: speakerz.PNG
    (Size: 54.87KB, Downloaded 1749 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Hasty mistake
Next Topic: Horn Throat Constriction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:35:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects