Home » Audio » Measurement » Software for optimizing multi sub parameters
Re: Software for optimizing multi sub parameters [message #81470 is a reply to message #81468] Tue, 21 July 2015 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jag768 is currently offline  Jag768
Esquire
Thank you for your quick reply! Here's an overview of my room.

Note the corner sub in the right of the image

index.php?t=getfile&id=1767&private=0

Note the sub right of the two main speakers Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=1768&private=0

I'm not getting very good results so far. Here are some measurement results. This is all 4 subs active, measured at the three main listening positions.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1769&private=0

After removing the Linkwitz transform EQs that were applied to all (sealed) subs, it got better. However, especially the corner sub doesn't appear to integrate very well. Currently its level is set at -12dB, and phase is inverted. When I get it right for the main listening position, the corner sub sounds out of phase at position 2 & 3 and vice versa.

There are so much possibilities to try, and they work out differently at the various positions. I'm afraid I could spend days without getting it right. I would very much like to try to run a computer based optimization. Do you know whether the software tool made by andy c (link) has ever been made available? It's description looks perfect (the help section)!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: WTPro
Next Topic: Are there any good books about audio measurement?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 15:56:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio