Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi Build Progress
Re: 4 Pi Build Progress [message #81471 is a reply to message #81462] Tue, 21 July 2015 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BobTahoe is currently offline  BobTahoe
Baron
What's the best cross over for the flanking subs, I've been searching on the forums and most the links to products I find are old and no longer working.

Here are the options I've found so far:

2 Crown XLS 2000 - Bi-Amp 4pi and 3pi tower
Issue is the cross over is too steep and it will cut off lows to the mains

Rolls SX45 active cross over - 12db Cross over so this is good, has lots of outputs, but if I use the cross over it won't send the full signal to the mains. Unless there is away to use only the sub outputs and leave the cross over Off? or set to 50hz

Dayton Audio Sub Plate amp - To Steep of cross over, High pass outputs don't receive full signal only above the cross over point, I could maybe get by with this if I used the Speaker level out puts from my AVR for the sub and keep the L R speakers on the amp they are on.

MiniDSP 2x4 This might be the best option, Only issue I have is it would have to go between my AVR and EMOTIVA Amp, but this would allow me to run any amp I want with the 3pi subs and give lots of control.

I feel like I'm missing something or thinking about this too much maybe.

How does everyone else get the signal to their flanking subs with out dropping all low frequency's to the mains?

Also I'm having and issue logging into the form, once I login to AudioRoundtable is there a know bug or anything? Basically once I logging with one browser after the session ends it won't let me log back in, even when I launch that same browser as Private/incognito It wont let me login. My work around has been to keep opening new brands of browsers and switching computers. I could try clearing my cache but Private/incongnito should do the same thing.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message