Home » Audio » Speaker » Horn Throat Constriction
Re: Horn Throat Constriction [message #81387 is a reply to message #81386] Sun, 07 June 2015 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PointSource is currently offline  PointSource
Chancellor
I knew in the back of my mind what your answer would be: model, build & measure! I have to decide whether the concept is worth the effort & expense.

The 2 sources don't actually combine at the throats; the 2 passages combine in parallel at the start of the common conical flare section. Either way, the 2 wavefronts will expand & impinge upon each other.

The goal is to achieve the longest path length within the given enclosure dimensions, including the use of 180-degree rounded curves. In order for the wavefronts to arrive at the conical flare relatively intact, I've surmised (guessed) that the passage width needs to be about a quarter of the upper frequency's wavelength. I'm concerned that the initial narrowing may pervert the waveform too much.

I'm working on a preliminary mechanical drawing (the old-fashioned way on 1/4 scale graph paper). I can post a photo in the near future if there's any interest....

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message