Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Help with new design
Help with new design [message #81315] Tue, 12 May 2015 17:19 Go to previous message
SantinoSan is currently offline  SantinoSan
Esquire
OK, here is what brings me here to the Pi forums. I am in process of making a 3 way, high efficiency speaker. It will be fully active and use a mid and high horn. I have decided for now to use a SEOS12 waveguide with the B&C 250 CD. The woofer is a B&C 15NDL76. The mid has not been decided yet.

My first choice was a SEOS 24 loaded with either a Radian 745 or 951. I have the 745 in my possession, but the RCF horn I am using is introducing too much ripple. I also found out over 12k it breaks up pretty badly. I have considered a beryllium diapgram to eliminate the beakup, but they are pricey. The Radian was a chance to go two way due to its low crossover of 500hz, but I still want a three way design. So, I could still go Radian and BIG SEOS 24 and cross around 500 hz...but then I started thinking about the Parham midhorn. It will load lower, has plenty of efficiency, is much cheaper...but, will it blend? Not sure of the voicing versus a large format horn. How will the directivity match the SEOS? What about distortion? It does have the bandwidth I need as I'll likely cross it around 1.2K due to vertical spacing.

So any opinion, ideas, criticisms. Just looking for educated opinions that may help guide the way.

Thanks,
SantinoSan

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message