Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » TDA7293 parallel design DIY (New Amp Build)
TDA7293 parallel design DIY [message #81185] Thu, 05 March 2015 21:30 Go to previous message
hydrovac is currently offline  hydrovac
Esquire
Hi all,

As part of my home theater build, have decided to go for 3 way actives for front LCR... so, need to build 9 power amps for fronts and 8 amps for surrounds... to pair up with my Sherbourn PT- 7020A pre/pro. I needed something as easy, but more powerful. This is when I and my friend John found the datasheet of TDA7293. This IC can run up to 100V, low distortion, and can easily be paralleled.

I have been looking for a source of PCBs using parallel TDA7293s... there are not many out there that you can buy. We then decided to do our own PCB. Our schematic is almost the same as in datasheet... the board layouts in the datasheet are flawed and little clumsy... we used them only as guidance with component arrangement on our PCB after few futile attempts to route the board with minimum jumper count.

Pin out on TDA7293 is tricky, so single-sided board is difficult to draw, and in the end contains more jumpers between lines than tracks... so, this one is made as double sided.

I thought it would be good to share my project with the community... maybe someone finds it useful.

Tentative double side PCB layout, top and bottom sides... have to check pitch and spacing with actual components we have before fabricating the PCB.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1676&private=0
  • Attachment: pNIYkzb.jpg
    (Size: 122.31KB, Downloaded 4910 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Battery Operated Preamps
Next Topic: service manual need
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:45:39 CDT 2024