Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 7PI questions
7PI questions [message #81137] Mon, 16 February 2015 17:54 Go to previous message
Lagerlover is currently offline  Lagerlover
Esquire
Hi Wayne. Thank you so much for sending me the 7PI build plans. I have been poring over them and have a few technical questions.

First up, how high up in frequency does the woofer corner horn enclosure hold directivity? I can gather that it crosses over to the mid horn at a rather low frequency. Could this same enclosure be used to cross over much higher, at around 700Hz?

I also see that the woofer enclosure is ported. Could a sealed enclosure be used in this same configuration? I have a pair of AE TD15Ms that I would like to use here, if possible and was also hoping to minimize group delay.

Third, assuming I would need to alter the volume of the cabinet to tailor it to the TD15M, what sort of dimensional relationships must be maintained? In other words, if the enclosure depth was increased would it follow that the corner horn mouth depth be increased by the same amount?

Lastly, I can't find much info on time alignment of drivers in corner horn applications. Would a corner horn such as the 7PI benefit from a DSP'ed crossover and delay with regard to the woofer-mid transition?

Sorry for all the questions. I hope dealing with folks like me is not too exhausting.

Best regards,
Benjamin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: request crossover + plans four pi 2226
Next Topic: Request for Plans for 4pi Speakers and crossovers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 18:21:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects