Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Tim's 4Pi Speaker Build (Description of My 4Pi speaker build)
Re: Tim's 4Pi Speaker Build [message #81039 is a reply to message #81037] Tue, 27 January 2015 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
timkur is currently offline  timkur
Chancellor
Thanks Wayne. You definitely had me worried.

I started by swapping out the one 2226H for the other 2 that I had. The other 2 were phase wired correctly (not reversed like the first one... now I know what to look for).

The speaker/mic was in a slightly different place compared to yesterday, but both of them had similar curves.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1643&private=0

I was pretty frustrated at that, and so I looked at your response charts on the website, and something caught my eye. They were very similar to the vertical off-axis response (down) chart that you have. So I played around a bit, put the original speaker back in (that had the bad curve in the previous reply) and raised my microphone 2 feet up.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1644&private=0

From what I can tell, this was a measuring error and not a speaker issue. Is that how you would interpret this?

Apparently these are pretty finicky when it comes to vertical placement. I'm guessing you've got a post somewhere that describes the best way to align the speakers. When I get a chance, I'll look for it and if I can find it, I'll post a link here.

Thanks!

Tim
  • Attachment: otherjbl.jpg
    (Size: 152.23KB, Downloaded 4349 times)
  • Attachment: raisedup.jpg
    (Size: 151.55KB, Downloaded 4367 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message