Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Tim's 4Pi Speaker Build (Description of My 4Pi speaker build)
Tim's 4Pi Speaker Build [message #80969] Sun, 04 January 2015 01:42 Go to previous message
timkur is currently offline  timkur
Chancellor
Hey guys,

I've recently kicked off the construction of some 4pi speakers, and I thought I'd share some pics and my experience. I'd also appreciate any feedback if folks see I'm doing something horribly wrong. Smile

I consider myself a "weekend handyman". I've done rough framing, drywall, electrical, etc... but I'm not a skilled wood worker and I've been learning lots about cabinet building while doing this. I'm impressed with the skills of other folks I see posting in these forums, and am excited to see how close I can get to a good looking speaker. Hopefully it will sound great, no matter how it looks. Smile

Last year I build 2 3pi subwoofers, had a lot of fun building those, was impressed with what they added to my setup... see my dog George posing with them.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1599&private=0

When I built those, I bought myself a router and a circle cutting jig, and learned how useful a router really is. Definitely something I had been missing before.

After hearing the 3pi subs for a year, I got the itch to replace my front 3 speakers. They are currently M&K 750THX speakers... I got them 12+ years ago and have been happy with them, but just wondering if there was something better out there. I guess we'll soon find out.

Thanks!

Tim
  • Attachment: subsSmall.jpg
    (Size: 81.59KB, Downloaded 8551 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message