Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Music backup
Re: Music backup [message #80858 is a reply to message #80857] Thu, 20 November 2014 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I use external USB drives (a 1 TB drive is now well under $100). I use two per PC and alternate them. I back up about every two weeks. You can use a longer time period....but there is more risk. Not only drive failure, but hacking. Many of the external USB drives come with a version of Acronis. A very good program. I just let it clone the drive. It takes a long time if the drive has lots of stuff on it and I will start the back up at bedtime and let it rip (can be 3-5 hours on occasion). Then if something goes wrong the USB drive can actually be either subbed for the real one or used to make a clone back to the other drive or a new drive. Alternatively you can get an inexpensive external drive dock (about $25) and use bare 2.5 and 3.5 inch SATA drives. The 3.5s are really cheap now. A 1 TB drive is usually about $60. If your main drive gets corrupted or damaged the bare drive can just plug right in the PC in its place.

We have 1 laptop and 3 PCs and there is no way I would not back them all up regularly. Not to do so is like playing Russian Roulette with 5 of the 6 cylinders loaded. It is only a matter of time before something goes wrong with the main drive.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Tommy Lee Jones movies
Next Topic: Got a $25 iTunes card for Christmas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 02:36:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects