Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » The most optimal placement for a single sub
The most optimal placement for a single sub [message #80732] Mon, 20 October 2014 18:33 Go to previous message
j0nnyfive is currently offline  j0nnyfive
Baron
Hey Wayne! How are you liking Arkansas?

I'm still planning on getting a stereo pair of 4 Pi speakers, plus a pair of 2 pi speakers.

I'm torn about what to do about bass. I like the multisub idea in theory, but it would be nice to have one mega sub and call it good. (mainly for decor and space reasons)

My question is, if you only had one sub, would your methodology for placement be any different than the oft proposed "sub crawl" method?

I'm thinking of putting a beast-like sub front and center between the two mains (about 4 feet from each main), and blending it high with the mains in addition to the summed channel. Could this work "okay?" I know it isn't optimal, but I'm trying to still follow your basic ideas.

My problem with multisubs is that I'd have to get a minimum of 3 subs if I did the flanking idea because I would like to have a loud and low sealed sub like an LMS 5400. There's no way I would want to buy 2 or 3 of these animals, so that leaves me with 2 flanking subs + an LMS ultra. I'd rather just have an LMS ultra. What do you think?

Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to mention this is for home theater mainly. The loud and low sub is for T-Rex. I'm hoping a front center placement can be used to somewhat fill in the self-interference notches as well. ?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: pi 1 for surround
Next Topic: 4Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 13:53:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations