Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2pi, 3pi, Zaph ZA5.3 for In-Wall LCR? (Need help deciding what to do!)
Re: 2pi, 3pi, Zaph ZA5.3 for In-Wall LCR? [message #80329 is a reply to message #80322] Fri, 29 August 2014 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll refrain from comment on the technologies you may choose from, except to say that these speakers have been compared before in various forums. You might want to look at the H290C Horn/Waveguide thread for detailed information on our waveguide implementation. There is a comparison between the SEOS and π waveguides in the thread called, "Uniform Directivity - How important is it?". If you search the net, you'll find many other threads on this and similar topics.

After you've done your research, when you decide with model you want to build, let me know and I'll send plans. You might choose one model for mains and another for surrounds. Please decide and let me know. For more information to help you choose, you can look at the π Speakers FAQ page.

I would suggest that you study the differences between speakers having uniform directivity and those that don't. That's what speakers with waveguides strive to achieve - uniform directivity. They do this with varying degrees of success, and over a varied range of the audio spectrum. Look at the pros and cons of that, and the trade-offs involved. It's a set of competing priorities, like most other things. So you have to decide what's important to you, considering your application and your budget.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: My new 4Pis
Next Topic: B&C Schematics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 17:31:01 CDT 2024