Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2pi, 3pi, Zaph ZA5.3 for In-Wall LCR? (Need help deciding what to do!)
2pi, 3pi, Zaph ZA5.3 for In-Wall LCR? [message #80322] Thu, 28 August 2014 12:33 Go to previous message
corradizo is currently offline  corradizo
Esquire
Hello,

I'm new to this hobby and have been reading for weeks on speakers, have built a couple of subs etc. I've planning to build in-walls as LCR to flank the sides of my 60" LCD wall mount TV that is on a 8' wide wall that's part of a bay (side walls connect to the 8' wall at a 45deg angle and are 3' long, I sit 12' away.

I have narrowed down my options to:

2pi

3pi

DIYSoundGroup's Fusion4Quad4 (talked to the designer and he said they'd be fine buried mostly into the wall with some of the baffles sticking out).

DIYSoundGroup Fusion 12, DNA360 w/ Delta10a driver (custom set up from TuxedoCivic).

Zaph Audio ZA5.3 iw kit (93db sensitivity)

As you can see two of my options use "regular" tweeters and the remainder use CD with waveguide. I'm not sure what to do. I'd say my listening habits are 50/50 Movies and Music. If I had room to do a dedicated listening room, i would likely persue that. Music is quickly overtaking precedence over movies since i purchased some Behringer 212xl PA speakers based on what i read over on AVS. I really like them! My wife REALLY hates how they look but likes the sound too. My receiver, onkyo tx-nr609 is stable to 4ohms (175w) and will do 8ohm of course at 100w per channel so i think any of these will work. Can you help me decide? I'm a bang for the buck guy, so right now at 100 dollars for each 2pi, they look like a great option with a big 10" driver.

While we discuss, can someone perhaps share the plans for the 2pi/3pi so i can read over them?

thanks,

Pete

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: My new 4Pis
Next Topic: B&C Schematics