Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2Pi - Tilting speaker up for better on axis response and time alignment
2Pi - Tilting speaker up for better on axis response and time alignment [message #80224] Mon, 21 July 2014 08:43 Go to previous message
CRISTIAN M is currently offline  CRISTIAN M
Chancellor

Hello again Wayne !

I just hope I'm not bothering you too much already Very Happy , so I guess this will be my last question before start building the speakers.

Since I will not be able to build the tower versions, I wonder if tilting the front of the speakers upwards a bit would help with the "on axis" response of the tweeter at ear level of a seated or even a standing person.

In my specific case, I figured out that slanting the design 10ยบ would help have tweeters rougly on axis of a person seating 12' away from the speakers...

...but in other forums some people mentioned that some tweeters don't behave well when perfectly on axis (dips at some frequencies), so I wonder what's your opinion on the VIFA's on this regard.

Also I don't know if this will be beneficial or detrimental for the time alignment of the tweeter/woofer combo (maybe this is already accomplished electrically with the crossover).

Your thoughts are higly appreciated !

C.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pi 2 plan request
Next Topic: 1 pi and 2 pi tower and 12 pi hornsub plans request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 17:46:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio