Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2014
Re: LSAF 2014 [message #79932 is a reply to message #77456] Wed, 07 May 2014 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
I really don't have time to do Facebook, and a quick look at the deluge of responses there leads me to believe that most are missing the point of LSAF and why it works in the first place.

I have attended all but one LSAF since Tulsa. I need to note that while I am a "vendor", I have never make a dime off of LSAF. Never sold a pair of speakers, not even a set of plans to a visitor to LSAF. This is the reality of why the big guys will never attend LSAF, at least not more than once. There simply isn't any money to be made.

LSAF needs to go back to its roots. This is a DIY meet. Guys attend to see what others are doing. Don't bother trying to get some big names to attend. Get DIY'ers to just simply bring some stuff. The rooms are acoustically horrible. No bit deal. Let's see what you are doing. Spend all of the advertising effort on getting DIY'ers to bring their stuff.

It's been years since I went to the Atlanta meet. Strictly DIY. Contests. Prizes. Different type of venue, but I can see making it work in Dallas. The Parts Express meet in Dayton shows what can be done DIY only, but then PE is footing the bill. Could we get sponsors for some real prizes?

Move LSAF out of Dallas at your peril. You won't get anyone to come other than Texans. That may be OK with some, but it takes me five hours to get to Dallas. It's another three hours to Austin. I personally won't be dong that.

Bob

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message