Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » 6EM7 amp PSU question
6EM7 amp PSU question [message #11273] Sat, 21 January 2006 23:14 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)

Ok, I'm going to start getting everything together over the next couple of months to make a 6EM7 SE amp. I've got 6EM7 and 13EM7 tubes a plenty. I've looked at lots of schematics and decided I'd like to run the B+ at around 220V. I've seen these tubes ran everywhere from 175V to 325V. 220V seems to be a good middle range for about 1 watt. I've been playing with PSUD2 and came up with the following PSU. It is just for one side, as the channels would seperate after the first 10uF cap after the rectifier. I basically copied this from Gary Kaufman's design with a slightly lower power trafo and added a RC filter at the end (1.8k on the resistor). Total mA needed for both tubes would be around 104mA. Trafo is the Hammond 370FX, but I don't have any other specs than the voltage/amps so I guessed on the source impedance. If anyone has any other suggestions or can point out what I'm doing wrong I'd appreciate it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: first tube amp project (nonguitar), which?
Next Topic: re tube your Anthem yet?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 08:00:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout