Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Amazon Prime (Would you pay $120 for it?)
Re: Amazon Prime [message #79348 is a reply to message #79331] Fri, 07 February 2014 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
Iceage wrote on Fri, 07 February 2014 04:11
I strongly disagree with the suggestion that it's just to pad their profits. The price hasn't increased in years, and yet they have added so many features to the Prime program in that time-and haven't charged more for it. I think that the price increase is LONG overdue. Don't even get me started on the price increases in postage that they have eaten over the years.

I would like to see several tiers though-Prime for shipping without all of the other features, and one that includes the TV streaming for instance.

Well, according to Clark Howard's article on it, Amazon's profits have been declining recently, so their plan is to up the price of the Prime memberships to make up the difference. Is it justified? I guess that boils down to a matter of personal opinion. I doubt most people will want to pay $120 a year for the same services that they're only paying $80/year for right now, though. Of course, if you read the article, Clark also says he thinks they'll suggest $120, wait for people to fuss about it, and then compromise with a rate hike of only $20/year instead of $40, for a final price of $100/year.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: True Detective
Next Topic: Damp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 17:01:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations