Home » xyzzy » Tower » State of the Union
Re: State of the Union [message #79150 is a reply to message #79146] Wed, 29 January 2014 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I was not interested in politics as a young man, and now as I'm getting older, I find I have started ignoring politics again. But when I was paying attention and getting involved in my 30s and 40s, I have to say I was really upset at how far we've let our country slide.

We were founded on freedom, and freedom is inherently dangerous. Now we seem to want cradle-to-grave everything, and have become an entitlement society. I see current America as being highly un-American. Laughing

Sadly, I want to be patriotic and proud of my country but I am not. I am proud of many of my fellow men, but not of my country or of its laws or political system. This is how most Russians felt of their country when they were the Soviet Union. Ironically, we are going the same direction and making the same mistakes, in my opinion.

This is not the America of the 1700s or 1800s. It has no resemblence to the country that was founded, or of its principles or ideals.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: High Electric Bills
Next Topic: Target security breach
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 01:38:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations