Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » New Pi 4 + Pi 3 Sub buildout
Re: New Pi 4 + Pi 3 Sub buildout [message #79159 is a reply to message #78931] Wed, 29 January 2014 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jshupe is currently offline  jshupe
Baron
Today I finalized my cabinet design and created a cut list, then ran it through MaxCut (http://www.maxcut.co.za/) to calculate the best way to divide each sheet.

I set it for 5' x 5' baltic birch and sent the results off to a local lumber yard for a proper quote. It'll take four sheets at approximately $47/sheet + $45 for labor.

I originally planned to do the cuts myself, but it sounds like it'll cost the same to have them cut it and pick up the smaller pieces myself as having them deliver full sheets to my house (I don't have a truck.) As long as they follow my instructions, it sounds like a win! I'll of course still have to handle the cutouts for the drivers and ports, as well as the internal bracing. I bought my router and finishing supplies last night.

As mentioned earlier, I'm building a second series of more permanent cabinets later on, but the first set isn't going to be MDF after all. Due to space constraints, I'm going to have to stack my Pi 4s on top of my Pi 3 subs (I know that isn't the most desirable of configurations) so I'm going to stain them in different colors to differentiate. The subs are going to be Rustoleum Ultimate Kona and the mains Rustoleum Ultimate Driftwood. Both will be coated with a few coats of gloss polyurethane.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message