Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Coupling cap rec.
Re: Coupling cap rec. [message #11143 is a reply to message #11142] Fri, 01 July 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
On the subject of coupling caps, a note on Audio Note (no pun intended). Audio Note paper in oils are made by Jensen Capacitor in Denmark, and are identical to the caps sold under the Jensen name or the paper in oils sold by Angela Instruments under their own name.

I've bought these PIO caps from Angela Instruments many times, and sometimes they'd say Angela, sometimes Audio Note, and sometimes Jensen. Angela's owner, Steve Melkesethian, verified that they are all identical save for the superficial exterior markings. What they sold was whatever stock Jensen had on hand and sent them at the time they ordered them.

So why did I mention this? In the hope that one it'll keep one of my fellow DIY tube nuts from getting burned! Audio Note branded caps sell for about twice the price of Jensen branded caps from most Internet dealers. You pay twice as much for .001 cent of lettering ink!

Thermionic

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message