Home » xyzzy » Tower » UPS letting us down! (Packages getting handed off to Post office)
Re: UPS letting us down! [message #78860 is a reply to message #78773] Thu, 02 January 2014 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
I frequently order stuff online, and have for many years with very few delivery problems until FedEx and UPS started their practice of handing off to USPS for final delivery. Actually, the problem arose because for some reason, USPS has ceased their dedicated residential parcel delivery service here. Yep, they stopped right at the moment when they should've stepped it up instead. And that's where the adventure begins.

Where I live we have community mailboxes with only two package lockers. So, if you're not one of the two lucky individuals that day, or if your package won't fit in the locker, instead of your package you get a note telling you to pick it up at the post office.

Now, I work long hours and generally don't get to leave work until long after the post office closes. That is, except on Fridays when I usually get off work 30 minutes before they close. But, the one that handles my address is miles away on the far side of town, even though I live less than a mile from another post office (!?), which by the way also happens to be only 1 1/2 blocks from my workplace... Mad To add insult to injury, all of our post offices are closed on Saturday. And, my workplace frowns on all but very infrequent personal package deliveries, which rules out having it sent there.

After fighting with this mess many times over the course of about two months, my wife finally remembered to tell me that it was perfectly OK to have my stuff shipped to her workplace, which gets daily parcel service from UPS, FedEx and USPS. Rolling Eyes Problem solved.

Thermionic

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Target security breach
Next Topic: Best place to buy internet cable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 13:03:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio