Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2226H suspension stiffness
Re: 2226H suspension stiffness [message #78737 is a reply to message #78572] Sun, 22 December 2013 08:32 Go to previous message
thatsnasty is currently offline  thatsnasty
Chancellor
Scholl wrote on Sat, 07 December 2013 07:13
Do you know how to tell a recone from original? Is the white serial\part number and black dustcap glue an original?

Like Wayne said, the easiest way is measurements (comparing a known legit cone to a recone under the same conditions), but from what I've seen, here's a few tips, if you still need em..

Color: Cones should be grey on top, and have "bumps" on the backside, as well as an orange-ish ring around the edges of the back of the cone

Tinsel leads: Where the wires are punched through the cone by the dustcap on the front, both holes should be punched symmetrical to eachother, and have a bit of distance between the dustcap. This means they shouldn't be too close / touching the dustcap.

Markings : As far as I can tell, all my original cones have almost no markings on them. They are basically entirely grey, with bumps on them. The only markings I see are on the frames, and they are stamped.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 3 Pi Speakers Plans
Next Topic: From 5.1 to 7.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:48:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects