Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » schematic
Re: How about an 813? [message #10943 is a reply to message #10942] Wed, 09 February 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
That sounds good; from my point of view;
As a layperson budding amp builder I have no opinion concerning particular tube types, only because I have heard only a small fraction of the possibilities available. If in your experimentation which from what I can see is pretty vast; you have experience with a good circuit that you like that uses inexpensive alternatives to the high priced triode kings it by definition sounds good to me.
What you describe above seems logical and doable and the parts are reasonable. So what could be any possible drawback to a suggestion such as that. I only post this rant so you can see the thought process of a novice builder. So; would I like to build a really good sounding amp with reasonably priced tubes and transformers that will work well with Guinevere; sure thing.
The most obvious question a novice would ask is why are certain tubes more popular than others. And what motivated you to prefer this circuit? Whats your thoughts on that?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message