Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Chinese audio
Chinese audio [message #10699] Wed, 25 August 2004 06:36 Go to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I would like to continue the discussion Manualblock and I started regarding the price of kits versus prebuilt in the thread titled "SET Kits." Apologies to WhyAskWhy for getting off the original question.

The point was made by Manualblock that "some of these DIY amps can run into serious money," even more than finished commercially proven products. As one who demands quality and at a fair price, I think the Chinese have some exceptional product offerings at prices-too-good-to-be-true. Come on, let's face it, tube amps are not rocket science and the technological resources needed outside manufacturing practices are nil.

Look at some of the gear in these three sites and note the price. For shipping add 50% for big items (yes, even including the BIG speakers, which I have received quotes.) Now, some one please tell me these prices are not a great deal. What's more, some of these items are very similar to that offered by top name salon gear, but at about 80% savings.

Sites (I am not a rep. or affiliated with these companies, just sharing info):

www.nysound.com
I ordered my ShengYa S-10 from here. Shipped direct from China, and I could not be happier

http://www.cattylink.com/newenghome.htm (click products)
Asked for and received quotes (quickly and professionally). I would not hesitate to order from here.

http://www.mei-xing.com/doce/pro.htm
Just sexy looking audio eye candy

......Colin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message