Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Quick question about midhorn kit assembly
icon5.gif  Quick question about midhorn kit assembly [message #77588] Fri, 23 August 2013 18:45 Go to previous message
Infrasonic is currently offline  Infrasonic
Chancellor
Hi Wayne! I finally got around to constructing the trio of midhorns I ordered earlier in the year. I had one quick question before I enclose the horn into a sealed enclosure....

I ordered a triple set of 10" gasket rings thinking I would need them for the driver mounting 'plate' however I noticed (or remembered) that the Delta 10 has it's own gasket on the front for such mounting. Now that I got the gaskets I think I really wouldn't need to use them unless I was using a 10" that didn't have such a gasket on the front.

Do you think I should use these extra set of gaskets?

Essentially it would just raise the driver 1/4" and put a 1/4" more cavity space where the cone transitions through the 4.5" throat. Does this make sense to you the way I am describing it, Wayne? To me it seems like it would be a benefit to not use the gasket I ordered and just mount the Delta 10 the way it is. Seems like there would be less likelihood of any leaks in the 'compression chamber' area if I don't add the extra gasket.

If I don't have to use them that would be great and I can save the set I ordered for the maybe day I change out the 10" for another driver. An AE TD10m maybe.

Anyway, let me know. Thanks!

- Scott

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Nuthin' To Watch On TV?
Next Topic: Reckhorn S-1 electronic crossover???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:08:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio