Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » SevenPi Room Layout
SevenPi Room Layout [message #77065] Mon, 24 June 2013 08:06 Go to previous message
dheflin44 is currently offline  dheflin44
Baron
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the 7PI plans. I didn't want to keep cluttering up the Helper Woofer thread with more 7PI stuff, so I started a new one.

Here's what I ended up with for the room layout with the 7PIs. I think the scale is pretty close.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1201&private=0

As you can see the screen blockage is pretty minimal and should only affect the seats on the right side of the room. I am a little worried about the desk on the left side though. It's only about 4' from the corner and is nearly 2' deep. I don't know if it's a problem for high or low frequencies, but I could cover the side closest to the speaker with some thick cotton batting if it helps.

I looked at the crossover diagram, and it seems like a very simple and elegant design. I'm surprised there's not even a high-pass needed for the mid-horn. Does the 2226H on the 7PI need the zobel?

Another thing that's helping me lean towards the 7PI is an idea I posted a couple of months back for changing its physical appearance slightly. This doctored photo shows where filler wings would be added (in black) to the sides of the bass bin.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1202&private=0

The wings would consist of a simple L-shaped wood frame wrapped in fabric. It would fill-in underneath the front of the mid-horn and also extend down the sides of the mid-horn until the first 45deg corner. This change probably makes the 7PI look more like an 8PI which some may not like, but I like a more conventional look which also helps with WAF.

Thanks,
Darrell

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Helper Woofer Location
Next Topic: Room Size 18X36 Cathedral Ceiling