Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Two PI: A Little Bright OR Light in the Bass?
Re: Two PI: A Little Bright OR Light in the Bass? [message #76229 is a reply to message #76206] Sun, 07 April 2013 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
themilford is currently offline  themilford
Viscount
Thanks! I'm really happy with the way they look too.

So, today I got around to restuffing these with proper fiberglass insulation. I got equivalent to R11 sans the paper backing.

I ended up covering the bottom, one side and the front. I made cutouts for the drivers and used some spray tack to make sure the stuff stayed on the walls... The rear wall already had a sheet of felt glued to it. For giggles I also put one more slice of fiberglass on the top wall as well... so two short walls, a long wall and the front with cutouts...

And woah! Pretty deep bass on par with my Audio Notes. I realized now that I sized these cabinets just ever so slightly smaller than the plans specified... so I bet some of the issue is coming from there... I built these a while ago, I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time why I made those changes... I should have kept my notes... but I remember doing some figuring with the various box calculators online. Who knows... All I know is the next pair I do will probably be towers... or something in between.

BTW: I like the sound of these with the smaller gauge, .60mH coils over the 14ga .50mh I had in there... it's for sure a smallish difference but it seems to tame that vintage upper midrange (low treble?) a tad and possibly bring out a little more of a bump around 100hz... not sure why, but I can hear that.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message