Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi Cornerhorn Aesthetics
Re: Pi Cornerhorn Aesthetics [message #75792 is a reply to message #75791] Tue, 12 March 2013 21:39 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I retired them when I started doing the multisub thing. No more need to get the bass pumped out of a pair of massive radiators; Better to have two smaller 15" bass bins on the front corners and a pair of deeper bass units in the rear corners.

I would rather have a pair of seven π cornerhorns in the front corners and a pair of distributed subs in the rear corners than to have a pair of π-18 cornerhorns up front with no distributed subs. Basically you're spending a little less on the front pair, and buying a pair of rear distributed subs with the money you saved. That approach provides smoother bass using the distributed multisub approach.

You could use the seven π-18 bass bins in the rear corners though, for a high-efficiency distributed subwoofer solution that had plenty of extension. Or use three π subs for even deeper extension in a smaller package, but at the cost of efficiency. They deliver more than enough SPL for most people though, which is why I retired the larger bass bins. This seemed like a more attractive approach, all things considered.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: flanking subs with small mains
Next Topic: Room question and plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 17:40:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations