Home » Audio » Speaker » Kind of crazy idea for a flanking sub processor
Re: Kind of crazy idea for a flanking sub processor [message #75742 is a reply to message #75728] Thu, 07 March 2013 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
j0nnyfive is currently offline  j0nnyfive
Baron
Just butting in here because I think I get what you guys are cooking up and I likey!

What about this idea: Come up with a circuit of some kind that will allow you to connect Left, Right, and CENTER. Then, when bass above 80hz pans hard left, it goes left. Right, right. But to smooth the center channel, both flanking subs participate thereby "imaging" the bass into the middle.

Possible? Worthwhile? I like the flanking subs approach, but I've already decided that I will NOT buy 3 subs just to place all 3 across the front. (For multiple reasons) But 2 of my mains having flankers while the most important HT channel does not have anything helping it? Blasphemy. (IMHO tee hee).

I'm imagining having 2 flanking subs that can:

a. Handle summed bass below 80hz.
b. Handle hard pans left and right above 80hz.
c. Work together to smooth the center channel above 80hz.
d. Still be able to be nicely EQed using the popular Behringers.

I don't have the skills to figure this out, so I'm relying on you smarter people to handle it. lol I'm just dreaming. If you could make this (or something better than this) happen, wow that would be so awesome. . . Cool In this situation, I may even skip the 3rd sub and build beefier flanking subs. Very Happy

If you guys already talked about this above, I apologize, it was over my head. lol Carry on being awesome.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: V-Moda M-80 Headphones Sweepstakes
Next Topic: High End Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 11:17:43 CDT 2024