Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Buffer for my system? (Buffer)
Buffer for my system? [message #75493] Mon, 11 February 2013 11:10 Go to previous message
mantha3 is currently offline  mantha3
Viscount
Hi all,

I currently run some 4 PI speakers and I run a pair of subwoofers with them as Wayne advises. Real happy. I have a nice subwoofer that I built with a Morel 12" and then I have an older Boston Acoustics 8" subwoofer. So I run to the plate amps of each of these subwoofers the R/L signal running each in Mono since they are running the blended R/L. One is in the front of the room the 2nd is on the side of the of the room side fire. The sound is nice!

I have a signal source and then run the signal split 3 ways... 1 to the pair of tube amps for the 4PI pair, 1 signal R/L of a plate amp on the subwoofer, 1 signal R/L of a plate amp on the 2nd subwoofer.

Having the signal split 3 ways I was thinking a buffer may be a good idea... Run a Buffer that has an Input and then have it with 3 outputs? I think a buffer would be a good thing to introduce to get a bit better drive behind the 3 way split. Not sure about Tube Buffer or a Pass B1

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 6π bass driver question
Next Topic: Skywave's 3 Pi Build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:15:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations