Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Downfiring flanking subs ??
Re: Downfiring flanking subs ?? [message #75492 is a reply to message #75490] Sun, 10 February 2013 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dheflin44 is currently offline  dheflin44
Baron
andy_c wrote on Sun, 10 February 2013 15:09
Hi Darrell,
There's a helpful sag calculator in the "sonosub.exe" program that can be downloaded from this page.

Andy,

Thanks, I didn't download the program you linked, but I did use the following percent sag formula from the Parts-Express website:

• Percentage of Sag = 24,849 / ( Xmax * FsĀ²)

The resulting sag for the 12" Ultimax is 2.1% which should be ok (the 19mm xmax helps quite a bit).

Wayne,

When I get to that point, I'll try placing the flanking subs asymmetrically away from the corners as you suggested.

Wayne Parham wrote on Sun, 10 February 2013 16:28

One more thought, if you have corners available, have you considered constant directivity cornerhorns? I am assuming you don't have symmetrical corners or that one or both has an entryway or something. But if that's not the case and you have two good corners, I would suggest using constant directivity cornerhorns.

My room by itself would probably work very well for the cornerhorns. It's 14'x16'x10' with fairly symmetric front corners along the 14' wall. The problem is there's too much furniture in the room which results in a bookcase on one side wall about 18" from the left front corner, and a sofa on the opposite side wall about 24" from the right front corner. I'd be willing to move some stuff out, but it's funny how when only two people vote on things, the same one always loses. Crying or Very Sad

Thanks,
Darrell

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message