Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Why do you not use summed bass for flanking subs?
Why do you not use summed bass for flanking subs? [message #75371] Mon, 28 January 2013 15:15 Go to previous message
j0nnyfive is currently offline  j0nnyfive
Baron
Hey Wayne!

I couldn't find a specific answer to my question (sorry if you've already addressed this).

I'm wondering what would happen if you sent summed bass to the flanking subs? The situation might be if a person bought 2 subwoofers and wanted to flank them (for aesthetic reasons as well), and wanted to hear all the bass their movies were producing. What is the difference between sending only a copy of the flanked main, and sending the whole summed signal? Would the summed signal not contain a copy within? Would there be some negative effects from sending the summed signal? If said person was only running 2 channel, and the other channels are somehow "summed" into those 2 mains anyway, then would sending the summed signal not be practically the same thing as sending a copy? I know I'm getting way out there, but could you clarify this issue for me?

Thanks again!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Value of L1 on 7Pi schematic?
Next Topic: Anyone Gone From A Planar Type Speaker To 4Pi's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 00:49:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout