Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Guitar Head Amp Features
Re: Guitar Head Amp Features [message #75433 is a reply to message #75268] Mon, 04 February 2013 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here are my thoughts on designing, building and marketing a tube guitar amp: The market appears to be saturated with cheap tube guitar amps. I believe if you attempt to build an amp to sell at a "reasonably competitive" price point you won't be able to compete with large high volume brands. Your reputation will sell a few to musicans who already know about your audio products, but not many musicians are into audio, and it will be a labor of love rather than a succcessful business venture.

Here in Houston among the more successful local musicians there is a small market niche for very high quality tube amps. This niche is covered by Scott Waugh, a local musician-turned-amp-builder who builds custom amps. I suspect the key to his success is that he is well known and trusted by all the serious guitarists,and his product is recognized as a premium brand.

http://www.swaughamps.com/S_Waugh_Amps.html

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 12 String Guitars
Next Topic: Electric Guitar VS Acoustic
Goto Forum: