Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3pi 4pi? (comparison)
3pi 4pi? [message #75040] Mon, 24 December 2012 08:44 Go to previous message
my0x is currently offline  my0x
Chancellor
What are some of the more subtle differences between the 3pi and 4pi when built with the AE 12s or JBL 2226, respectively? It seems the 3pi may have a little more frequency extension, and the 4 pi a bit smaller cabinet and higher efficiency. I am also looking to know what might work best with my existing Hagtech Cymbal 8w p/p monoblocks. I know that all of the Pi's will reach ear bleeding levels in my house, but have read that the 4pi's can take a little more juice to come 'alive'. These are for music only, at reasonable levels...Jazz, symphonic, quartets, classic rock.

Initially, I was considering building the 6pi because I have good corners available, but when I showed my wife a 3d mockup in our 13 x 24 x 9 living / dining room, it didn't really fly to well...mainly because of the size of the midrange horn and whole vertical stack. I read that Wayne had experimented with a 2-way version of the corner speaker in the evolution of the and 7pi, and that might also sound interesting to pursue.

Speakers will be at the 13' width of our combination living / dining room...and run without subs.

Looking to hear some opinions / comparisons!

Thanks,

m@

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message