Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Another Happy H290C Fan...
Re: Another Happy H290C Fan... [message #74830 is a reply to message #74737] Sun, 09 December 2012 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
sscholl is currently offline  sscholl
Esquire
Took some time to terminate the mouth to a baffle. As we all know that does all kinds of good things over just sitting the horn on top of the woofer box. A nice improvement in every way, I don't use the 4K notch and lowered it's level 1.5db to about down 15.5DB from the woofer.

A couple of points for DIY horn folks...After your done with a couple of rounds of tweaking and are getting close to a good match, take the time to mount the horn to some kind of baffle even if it's just two pieces of wood. Remove any L-Pad controls replacing them with decent wire wound resisors. It's hard to use an L-Pad control in the -10 to 16DB range we need to match up horns to woofers amd they degrade sound. REsistors are much better and can be choosen for any attenuation. Also, tighten up the crossover circuit, get rid of any clip leads. Use wire nuts or solder to make good solid connections. Each of these three things will give you a nice step in sound quality.

My rig is really sounding good to me. The only thing I could ask for is a 1.5" version that'll go down one more octive for that 800hz crossover for a near perfect off axis resonse.

Thanks again Wayne!!

Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 3pi vent
Next Topic: three pi bracing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 02:56:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects