Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4Pi How good are they actually? (Mid or high end loudspeakers)
Re: 4Pi How good are they actually? [message #74577 is a reply to message #74570] Sun, 25 November 2012 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll not comment subjectively, but I will tell you two things:

1. If I could find anything else out there I liked better, I would have bought them. It would be much cheaper than all the development time and money I've spent. I could have bought the most expensive Avantgardes in every color they make and still not put a dent in the budget compared to what I've spent developing my speakers over the years. Some of my expenses include measurement equipment, injection molds, CNC machines, etc. So consider whether or not it would be worth all the bother if there were other speakers out there that were in the same league as mine.

2. In 2000 and before, there were no other hifi "waveguide" speakers on the market. By 2005, you started seeing some Pi clones and loudspeakers of this type started being made by other manufacturers. Now they are very popular, maybe the most popular type of high end loudspeaker. I won't even begin to mention all the brands out there that are virtual copies of Pi Speakers, but there are a lot. Some tip their hat to me, others try and act like they did their development on their own. But all speakers of this type borrow design philosphies from Pi Speakers. Ours is truly the archetype of this loudspeaker paradigm, one that is considered to be the most accurate and least distorted by many experts in the field.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message