Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » My audiophile Pi4 journey
My audiophile Pi4 journey [message #74460] Tue, 13 November 2012 05:35 Go to previous message
Nick77 is currently offline  Nick77
Baron
About six months ago i decided i wanted a change of pace from my OB speakers. I had numerous audiophile friends that had jumped on the CD bandwagon that had purchased Abby's and were touting their benefits.
I liked the looks of Wayne's Pi4 offering utilizing the 15" mid bass woofer. So i decided i wanted to take the design as far as i could utilizing premium components. I built the cabinets with 1" mdf and purchased Jantzen SuperiorZ caps, Mills resistors and Erse inductors and good copper binding posts. I had to use some Dayton caps i had on hand to complete the circuit.
I really liked the results but didn't have the level of resolution that i was used to. As i slowly upgraded the remaining lower quality caps the resolution increased and then installed a couple of teflon bypass caps in each circuit, now i had the resolution i was hopeful of.
I know most of the builds are for HT use and standard components are adequate but the design is worthy of high end parts if your looking for audiophile results.

index.php?t=getfile&id=915&private=0

• Attachment: pi4003-4.jpg
    (Size: 52.95KB, Downloaded 5013 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 4Pi plan request
Next Topic: 4 Pi Plan Request
Goto Forum: