Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2Pi's completed - now I want a center channel
Re: 2Pi's completed - now I want a center channel [message #75578 is a reply to message #74391] Wed, 20 February 2013 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JCDC is currently offline  JCDC
Baron
Awesome! They look great from back here!

Panning effects (L-C-R) must sound good with matched mains from ... what Wayne, 100Hz and up?

If you could just raise the screen by a bit so you could see some wall above the 2Pi center and then lower the equipment stands to match the height of the back of the 2Pi ... This would give a uniform strip of wall colour across your components and around the screen and visually 'frame' the screen from a standing position. I think it would look great!

PS No I'm not gay (not that it should matter)... my wife is a decorator and all my stuff has to be HIGH WAF!!!

I hope you're running bass to those 2Pi Towers! They can take it (up to a point) With all this talk about multiple bass sources smoothing out the response it's a bit like having 2 extra subs in a multi-sub arrangement! You could place your other subs anywhere else in the room (higher WAF!). Plus, if you have any way to eq the bass you send around the system, you could really get fancy and analyse and actively smooth nodes "Geddes" style.

Cheers,
Jeff

PS I'm totally, totally jealous!!! What you have is my like 5-10 year dream plan!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message