Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 PI by Andy
Re: 4 PI by Andy [message #74027 is a reply to message #74018] Wed, 03 October 2012 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mantha3 is currently offline  mantha3
Viscount
I thought I'd add my plan on these 4PI speakers. I'm going to build something similar to what a user Nicol1997 on this forum did on this thread (http://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=61737&#msg_61737)

• I would use the same 4PI crossover exact to Wayne's plan.
• I would space the 290 horn from the woofer exact to the 4PI plan only center the horn.
• I would have the speaker stand 7" taller. I plan to use two 4" Ports at 9-1/4" length on ea speaker. These are at the bottom of the speaker. I plan to run a lower internal brace at the point where the bottom board would normally be on a to plan 4PI. I'm thinking to run the router on this brace to cut holes in a variety pattern.. some 2" and some 3"... To allow for sound down to below this brace where the ports will run. I'll have the ports run down in the lower chamber and stuff that with the R13 and then lay a layer of R13 on top of the lower brace. I have these in mind (This is the outer piece of the tube that has a taper and the tube would be cut to attach to this )-
http://www.psp-inc.com/Graphics/PSP-4DOFH.jpeg

I used these on a subwoofer and I like the look and they work well.
• speaker box - 7" taller. trim one inch in width (17-1/2" instead of 18-1/2"). Add ¾" to the depth (15" instead of 14-1/4")
• Each speaker will have an upper brace which will be a criss cross of boards per speaker. Again, to the plan of a normal 4PI

I am planning to use Baltic Birch and I'm looking for the best grade I can get. Right now I have a line on 5' X 5' sheets. The speaker boxes are big and getting all the wood I'll need out of 2 sheets is a bit tight.... So I drew up some cut plans.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message