Home » Audio » Speaker » Crossover Question
Re: Crossover Answer [message #73615 is a reply to message #73614] Sat, 18 August 2012 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Wayne, thanks it confirms what I suspected. I got the H290Cs and put them in my enclosures and that did a lot to clean up the sound. Then I started to work on getting the cross over from the woofer right. I finally settled on a L-R 12 db/oct at 1600 from it. Still wasn't quite right. So I started to investigate as to why ... that prompted the posting. But since then I discovered that the spread sheet in the LD7 program was not computing the Zobel network correctly. It gave a value of 112 for the capacitor and even the formula in the book itself came up with 175. Oops. I checked with two other on line calculators, all said 175uf. Plugged that into the crossover and now things are rather nice overall. I'll run some tests and sweeps probably tomorrow (birthday party today - me 66 on Monday). I'll look for funky stuff in the 1000-2000 range where the drivers crossover. I had already determined that they were OK outside that range.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Anyone have info on these?
Next Topic: Cleaning?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 05:53:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout