Home » Audio » Group Build » IR Remote Control
Re: IR Remote Control [message #75175 is a reply to message #75173] Mon, 07 January 2013 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Wayne, what kind of sauce do you serve with that spaghetti? Laughing

Regardless, I understand the problem with input and output connections. They always seem to be going every which way and look like crud. It does bring to mind something that many new diyers get wrong. That is using the shields on cables inside the unit to carry the signals and ground returns. The problems are ground loops and noise. The best way is to have all the grounds at the input jacks connected together and single ground wire from there going to the main circuitry. Then only connect the shields on the cables at the input ground end. DO NOT connect both ends. The use of a central ground at the inputs is essentially a variation of a "star" ground system and the remaining ground connections from things like the power supply should also connect there. Avoid at all costs using the same piece of wire to carry both signal and power grounds. You will get noise. Also a once common thing, but in actuality a very bad thing for quality audio is don't use the chassis as a ground for the audio circuitry. It is fine to use it as a shield and a protective measure (connected to the AC mains earth ground) but not for audio. The above is really quite simplified as there are whole books written on the subject. The method I mentioned though is the only way I could get some of my really high gain circuits to be -90 dbv quiet.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message