Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Have to tell you about Obbligato capacotors
Re: Have to tell you about Obbligato capacotors [message #9827 is a reply to message #9825] Mon, 18 September 2006 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I wish there would be a serious discussion on caps. I have replaced and restored and re-capped lots of equipment. I now am not so sure they do anything that really helps the sound once you have decent caps installed. Now I have a shelf of oil and mundorf and auricaps and Jensen and others and I just use Orange Drop 716's for all my re-build amps. Can't say there is any real lack of quality of sound using them 2$ caps.
I wish I could becuase caps are relatively inexpensive compared to other parts and if they made a serious difference it would be a great way to improve an amp. Easy to do and reasonably cheap.
Alas; it doesn't seem to go that way.
Could be my ears; I don't know. Maybe in the PS it works better. But coupling caps? Drops sound good to me. And filter caps; I don't hear any real noticeable difference.
I am not disputing your experience; I would love to be able to justify the expense.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Looking At NOS EL 34's...!
Next Topic: Trannie DCR's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 07:44:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout